Overall Management and Reporting of Network Operations Function
• Structuring, organizing, resourcing and management of the rollout network
• Reporting on progress and achievements of the network rollout
• Manage stakeholders and related parties in relation to Network Rollout
• Engage with government officials and representatives in coordination
• Manage and own relationships within local and provincial government as it relates to network build and maintenance.
• Interface between business development and key local/provincial government offices for existing and new projects
• Play the role of a key influencer and interface between the regional executives and the CTO office in selection and allocation of work to contractors
• Report on and manage contractor engagement from selection through to audit.
• Ensure all operations shall comply with Safety, Health and Environmental legal requirements
• Recommend and cooperate with RF Planning to identify optimal network expansion to ensure high potential revenue.
• Ensure adequate human resources are available to perform regional rollout and network operation
• Contract management of contractor resources in the regional organization structures.
• Ensure CAPEX and OPEX expenditure within approved budget
• Plan and budget regional deployment within company directives and guidelines
• Ensure staff retention
• Promote skills development and training
• Ensure ethical behavior and sensitivity towards social issues
• Promote legal and statutory compliance
Miscellaneous & General
• Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time-to-time by management
• Bachelor Degree in any related field (MBA Degree holder is preferred)
• 20-year experience in Telecommunication field with at least 7 years on a Senior Managerial level
• Minimum 7 years of Network build and Rollout experience in a telecommunication company